Friday, January 13, 2012

AGAIN I AM IN AWE!

AGAIN I AM IN AWE!

How have ya'll been?

Last time I posted was 27 Nov 11, last year, I have been busy!

Where do I start......a lot has happened since I last blogged.  To much to list! Okay last time I posted I told y'all about meeting some locals and I believe you are familiar with Elder (young man from Nigeria). 

MY PLANS
Well, ever since I left home I have been longing for some homemade burritos. Finally after rounding up all the ingredients I made some burritos.  As I was cooking, I thought how it would be nice if I had someone to share them with.  Ah, Ha, I will take them to my new friend Ahkmed (the old Qatari man I ate with)  So I finished them and put them in Tupperware and skipped my way to his house, God is leading, right!  I get there and he is not home, but a lady answers the door.  As best I can, I explain who I am and I tell her I want to give this food to Ahkmed.  She agreed to give them to him, I think?  I told her they were hot because of the Jalapenos and Tabasco sauce, I made them exactly how I would normally.  The funny thing is that after all that work, I did not get one burrito :(  I left there just laughing, it is just like God to allow us to share our best, while not even receiving benefit.  This is how God teaches us to live a self-sacrificing life.  I love it, he is so cool and I did not miss the food because I know God has a plan.  Do you have a better plan than GOD?

Elder and I at the Games
THE GAMES, NOT WHAT THEY SEEM
Now to Elder (young man from Nigeria) and Arab games.  I bought tickets to the opening ceremony of the Arab Games 2011.  I invited co-workers and they declined.  I thought I would invite one of my new Arab friends.  I was shopping and had the taxi take me to Ahkmeds house instead of going home.  The taxi driver was amazed I was going to a locals house.  The locals and foreigners don't mix.  When the taxi stopped and I got out, Ahkmed was talking on the phone and did not recognize me so I took off my hat and made a funny face, then he got a huge smile and hung up the phone to greet me.  I told him I wanted some one to go to the games with me and also retrieve my Tupperware.  I asked him if he like them and he said yes as he fanned his mouth to let me know they were hot.  They had my dish cleaned and ready to be returned!  We had a nice visit.  They did not go with me to the games, so I invited Elder.

I meet Elder at the games and had a good time.  Afterwards he said he needed taxi money.  I told him I am walking home and so could he.  I told him friends don't put each other on the spot like that.  If we don't have money to get home we decline or give the other person heads up, right!  I gave him some money and I have not seen him since. (3-4 weeks)  He is supposed to meet me at church today. (Fri. the 13th)  I told him when we meet I wanted to talk to him about truth and honesty.  Elders home group leader is doing a good job of finding out his needs.  Don't miss the point here, it is not about the money, it's about how we help each other live in the truth, obedience and deal with issues as they come up.  WE will not exchange our comfort for DOING THE HARD THINGS. (by the way this a neat book DO HARD THINGS)
GOD uses everything we do for his purposes, despite our plans,  if we have eyes to SEE, ears to HEAR and HIS HEART to move!


WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD, oopsy!  I mean HE can change the world thru CHRISTians
Since then I have meet 2 Egyptian men in there early twenties at a Irish pub on new years eve.  I talked with them in regards to there only being one God and how we are more alike than different.  They were amazed I was talking like this and they brought a couple of their friends over to listen.  They keep saying this is a good man.  We exchanged phone numbers, I have not called them yet but soon!

I started going to the Arabic service at church to give God an opportunity to connect me with like minded ex-Muslims.  I meet a young man from Morocco, and two from Syria.  The young man from Morocco says missionaries in Morocco are just interested in getting pictures with the people there to send home and get more money.  Interesting perspective from a Moroccan national!  The two Syrians I meet are interesting,   one of them is a Fashion Designer and Artist.  He gave me a ride home from church after we ate with the other church members.  It was a 1yr. anniversary of Arabic services at the church in Doha.  He said he wants to know more about the bible so he can teach it with authority.  Also he wants to learn English better, I said I want to learn Arabic, I will work on this relationship more as time goes on and perhaps learn some Arabic.

Work is going better, the guys are beginning to learn who I am and what I live for.  Because I stand for Christ they fell they are under my judgement (light and darkness).  I judge not, it is not my job, my job is to say and live what is right before God and Gods brings judgement and/or revelation.  When they come to me for help, that is when I will get the opportunity to teach them as I live everyday before our Creator.

SPECIAL NEWS:

TCN's & CHRISTMAS tree they created
I am going to start an online course to get certification to teach English as a second language, I will purchase material today or tomorrow.  I should finish in about 2 months and then begin teaching our TCN's at work, they are excited.

Also, I am about 1200mi. from the Strait of Hormuz where saber rattling between the Iran and the rest of the World is happening.   Does not not look good for our anti-war appeasers.

Get exposed to reality and simple methods to change the world.  Read Cliff's Wordpress Blog, Cliff's Christian Blog or listen to his BlogTalk Radio Show.  We are creating a deluge operation of Christians living the life we have been called to.  We need some help with this site ,  we want to bring everything together here.  If you or someone else can help, that would be awesome, we are busy and GEEKLESS.

I know I have forgotten much, but hopefully this encourages and reminds you, God is always working where the willing live, where do YOU LIVE?  I will blog again soon.

PRAY FOR GOD TO DIRECT AND USE YOU, AS YOU LAY YOUR LIFE DOWN!!


PEACE OUT!!!!!!!! did i jusT Say thAT!?






2 comments:

  1. Update: The young man from Syria I met is coming to pick me up for church and get a bite to eat. His name is Zrdasht. GOD is still GOOD despite your circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey,

    Good stuff...very encouraging.

    You show us the right attitude and approach to working in these various fronts: work, church and community.

    Who knew you would have a burrito work?

    Love ya.

    cliff

    ReplyDelete