Friday, October 7, 2011

My Trip to Church

Today I went to a local fellowship in Doha, Qatar.  I have forgotten what it is like to go to tongues speaking church.

WORSHIP

We started worship and I noticed all the songs were about how GOD is blessing us (not his majesty and greatness-it was like self worship?).  I knew they were going to speak in tongues so I was waiting for the interpretation and it never came.  So I'm thinking maybe they are just praying in a tongue I don't understand.  I was in torment, I decided I was going to get out of there.  The whole time I am wrestling in my head to let it go and keep my mouth shut!  Finally I decided to step outside for a moment until it was through.  When I came back in the pastor made note of the spontaneous worship that had happened.  He then said if their is new people here that didn't understand, he would be happy to show them the support in the bible for it.  I met him before church, and I believe he saw me get up and leave.  Mayybeee I was the new guy??

SERMON

He started talking about GODS promises to Abraham, then to money and the neat things God has done as they stepped out.  Which we know those things are great right!  It had a strange bent on it, just didn't feel quite right.  He used many scriptures to show God gives generously and we should too.  More times than not God was talking about faith, compassion, love, all the other attributes of GOD to be given and received, not money, but he made it sound like they were all about money.  I sat in submissive torment as I didn't want to spoil a potential relationship with them.  Anyways I will go back and see how I can help the fellowship.  I will remember to bring paper and pen next time.

Is this the Christianity that is being exported from the west?

TALK WITH FRIEND AFTER

We talked very little about the church service and I am glad.  I was not to excited about what had just happened there.  He talked about golf and other stuff.  I told him I don't have time for that, (you know you have to take time for yourself right) as he is looking to have heaven on earth.  He didn't like it, because he wants to enjoy the world and have a little Jesus.

I told him I had just seen a couple pictures of Syd and Amelia's soccer game (KITSAP SUN online) and I thought that was cool.  It was kinda like I was there, you know?  He said, I should frame them and put them on the wall.  I, being the simpleton I am said, why?  I forgot what his response was but, I told him we do what our culture has taught us.  We get trophy's and such to show us how super or neat we are to humans or remind us of our great accomplishments.

How about showing how super we are to God and love GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR MIND, WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, and let our reward be heaven?

SUMMARY

I seem to remember in the BIBLE it says don't be lukewarm, it says to be a new creation.  What does that mean, Sunday church, Wednesday study and help the ol hag cross the street?  NO, not of this world, alien, foreigner, outcast, it is everyday with everything you have, otherwise you have never been bought by the blood, no new creation, no salvation!  The blood is to set us free from all the B.S our world tries get us caught up in, as we DESIRE THEM greatly.  The old is gone and the new has come. More of HIM less of ME, AMEN!

Does it take faith or a special prayer to live as the world does, does it?  God put us here for a purpose and it is not, to die with the most toys, or experience all this world has.  These are to distract us from giving our selves to a LOST and DYING world.


WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE, WHAT IS YOUR VISION, WHAT ARE YOUR CHILDREN'S VISION?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SHOW A DYING WORLD, YOU ARE A NEW CREATION AND HAVE FAITH?   If they don't see it how do they know it is real and not just a QUIT smoking or insurance plan?

PRAY FOR DIRECTION AND SEEK HIS KINGDOM NOT YOURS!

más tarde, 

I will vent again soon,

3 comments:

  1. ON A POSITIVE NOTE, I GUESS THE FELLOWSHIP IS WORKING WITH THE FOREIGN NATIONALS, (they live in like a getto labor camp) WHO ARE LIKE SLAVES HERE. THEY COME FROM ALL OVER THE PLACE AND MAKE $300-400US a MONTH. SO MAYBE I CAN HELP, THESE ARE MY KINDA PEOPLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! So who were the people at church? Americans? Co-workers from the base? Dad you sound sharper than ever. So, its not intimidating over there at all then? Do you feel like God has prepared you pretty well? Love this blog. Such a good idea! love you! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be a light Tracy! Leaders lead...maybe you need to start a homefellowship ;)

    ReplyDelete