Friday, October 28, 2011

My Continuous Quest for Direction

A lot has happened since “My Trip to Church”.  I have now been to home group twice and three times to church.  We have not had any chaotic babbling's lately.  My trip to QATAR is truly a multicultural one,  A-AMAZING!  The pastor says there are 53 countries being represented or attending here.  Russia, India, Nepal, Shri Lanka, Romania, Ukraine, Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt, UAE, Pakistan, England, Australia, USA, (I feel like the outcast as I am outnumbered by dark skinned folks ) etc…  They have four different services Hindi, Mandarin, 2 English and Arabic. 

HOMEGROUP

It is much like cell group, my first time there was about 15 adults in attendance.  This was because, the group is new and nobody had been attending and as a surprise, two other groups crashed the meeting to encourage the young couple from England who are leading it.  Next time at group there was I, a co-worker, Theodore (young man from India) and Stephen and Deborah (young couple leading group @their home), nice size.  We did the normal why are you here/what’s happening (time gobbler), prayer and discussion about what group is intended to be.  We concluded that, this is to be a place were we can grow, pray, encourage, seek direction and grow our faith.  I told them about the four W’s we use, welcome, word, witness and worship.  They are familiar with that and like it as well.  I talked with them about, as a group serving the people in the Industrial area (ghetto), prison or their neighborhood, so we will see what happens.  I have been getting rides to and from church with Stephen and his wife.  Theodore is going to give us rides to and from home group, I believe.

CHURCH

I have met so many people and all believe God has brought them to Qatar for his purposes.  I see it as a central location to connect and send out church planters (as do they).  I have yet to sit and talk with the pastor, my time is very limited.  I will leave that up to GOD or others to arrange.  The Egyptian man I met prayed a very passionate prayer for the Middle East and really got my blood pumping (he prayed in Arabic).  I had no idea what he said!  I was unable to talk with him last week but I did last night.  He is going to introduce me to a man tonight that he believes can get me a job in Afghanistan (hmm).  We will see what God has going on, maybe the job is for one of my readers instead????  A pastor from Pakistan came up to me last night and starred up at me (he is about 5’2”-5’4”).  The look with which he gazed upon me was interesting; he just looked at me for a moment and held my hand.  I was thinking, “Is this the GUY? “  Anyways, it was kind of different, he made sure to seek me out today at church. I told him I wanted to eat with him and visit, so we will talk this evening and make a date.  Again my schedule is very tight.  I get up at 3AM, leave for work at 3:50, work at 5, work until 5PM, get home at 5:30ish and I then to sleep by 10, then to do it all over 6 days a week (and I don’t have a car to get to extra events).  In reality it is good that I am so busy and don’t have a car so I have to be dependent on God to orchestrate everything.  Also today I talked with a young man from South Africa (a whitey) who thinks as we do.  He says the church teaches the receipt of the Kingdom of God before people have received or understand the gospel.  This is what we talk about all the time, about the MAGIC PRAYER OF SALVATION.  The church doesn’t teach or express the cost with which salvation comes.  It is not I that live, but who do I live for, why do I live and what is my life about.  GOOD STUFF!  Pray that he continues to make the divine appointments for me.

WORK

What can I say, work is work.  I am taking advantage of every opportunity God gives me to show and teach what is GOD honoring and right.  I overheard a co-worker telling a TCN (third country national) that he needs to get a different bank account and only give his wife back home what she needs and take care of himself, he deserves it and he earned it.  I told the TCN don’t listen to him!  He doesn’t know what he talks about.  I said if you trusted your wife enough to bare you kids and take care of them while you are away, you should trust her enough to spend your money wisely.  I told him about me and Kristin’s relationship of trusting each other and said it is possible to have those kinds of relations.  Maybe you don’t have that one, but you are going to have to create that by being trust worthy yourself.  It went on and on but,  productive as the co-worker jumped in and espoused his thoughts of worldly wisdom.  I told Kristin the story and she said, "ya, while your away it makes me not want to spend any money”, because she knows the cost with which it comes.  WHAT A GREAT AND WISE WOMAN, xxxoo!

SUMMARY

God is faithful.  He continues to direct and guide us, though we are fallen and pursue his righteousness thru our obedience and willingness to live for him.  Pray for me that I would make time to spend with GOD, and I would be led by his hand and spirit not my mind.  Also that he would do the same for all those that read these ramblings of mine.  Pray that he will give wisdom, influence and I would speak only what needs to be spoken.

OOH YA!

RT Kendall has been speaking at our church.  I have heard him speak twice and I will hear him two more times, I think (TIME !@#$%)  I talked to him the first night and told him that we at our church remind each other that when we go to do all those things we must do,(get groceries,  lumber, fuel etc..).  We go to see what God is doing and while we are there we will get nails, lumber, you Know!  He liked that, as he was teaching in part out of Acts 2:42-3:10.  He was making the point that Peter and John were prepared to heal the man.  They had been by him several times, but it was not in Gods strategy for them to heal him until it happened.  Anyways check him out, R.T. Kendall Ministries.

OOH YA! OOH YA!

Today I had to came to church early because Stephen the guy I ride with is the sound guy and member of worship team.  As we were about to walk in the gate there was two guys working on the side walk putting bricks in and placing sand between them.  So I stopped and Stephen and his wife went into church.  I watched them for a couple of minutes and said hi, they nodded HI.  When one of the guys got up to get something I took his place placing bricks, I motioned to him if it was okay and he agreed.  So here I am as people are passing by on their way to church see me (because I am the new guy they just met) smiled and liked what I was doing.  One guy said ooh you are laboring, like there was a problem doing it on “church day”.  I worked laying bricks for 20 minutes and then they brought me some hot drink to share with them because it was break time.  I enjoyed it with them and I thanked them.  Now the owner of the house was there also, he has a Rolls Royce, Land Rover, Bentley and some other super sporty ride that I couldn’t see the name of and a Mercedes.  I say this only to let you know who we are dealing with next to the church.  Then I continue to sweep sand over the bricks to finish that stage.  I went to church and when I returned they had that stage completed (with more stages to do). Maybe next church day (Friday) I can help again.  After church we walked the same way and I told Stephen and Deborah “I placed those bricks”, they had no Idea what had happened.  I told them see how easy it is to love on people.  It is universal, no words needed!

SEE YA,
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.  Edmund Burke-1796

No comments:

Post a Comment