Saturday, November 12, 2011

DAY 43 AND PLUGGING AWAY

Howdy,

Allot going on in my head, not really ready to write but here I go.

I am beginning to see how big the mess is that we have helped create in the "church".  We know that something is not quite right in the "church" (hopefully) and it differs from what the "church" should be.   Wikipedia says Christianity is the largest group of religious people and Islam is number 2. Both of which are rooted in the teachings of the GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.  With these kind of numbers in the world, it should be heaven on earth.  Why so different?  Why no peace?

DESIRE

GALATIANS 5:16-26
16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

SIN
 
 JAMES 1:13-18
13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. 
 
FORGIVENESS
 
ACTS 26:15-18
“Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’ 
 
NEW CREATION
 
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

COMMISSION
 
MATTHEW (not Matthew, but MATTHEW?) 28:18-20
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them ina the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
 
I see churches (which are made up of people) desiring things to make themselves different, attractive, special so that they can be popular or desired.  While at church I witness people desiring the gift of tongues, gift of translation, prosperity all these gifts or blessings.  I don't hear grace, mercy, service or sacrifice.  If we seek these gifts we are no longer seeking HIM we are seeking sensationalism.  These are empowering tools God gives as needed.  We are not to desire these, we are to seek HIM.  He gives to whom, what, when, where and if HE chooses.  If he is not why you live, you are in deep DOO, DOO!

OOH YA,
Things are fine here.  I am seeing that I need to find another church or heaven for bid I have to stay and be an example some how.  If you pray, pray that GOD would continue to give me direction.

THANKS FOR LISTENING! or READING, WHATEVER!

4 comments:

  1. After reading my post multiple times to correct stuff I noticed something in ACTS 26:15-18. I don't see the Magic Prayer or "Profession of Faith", yet GOD used Paul or Saul for you Theologians. Yet GOD does what he wants, how he wants, when he wants, where he wants and whom he wants. HE IS NOT BOUND BY THE LAWS WE MAKE, HE MAKES THE RULES. You see, the profession says we believe he is who he says he is, did what he said he did and we accept where he has us and will obey. When we understand who he is then this causes obedience, the old is gone and the new has come. THIS IS FAITH! I am not saying don't profess him as LORD and SAVIOR. Let us not believe because you and or others said a prayer that now you have made it into heaven! Maybe YOU are still living under LAW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Tracey, you can be assured we are holding you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing that came to my mind when you asked for direction was, "Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

    But thats not very comforting :/...i pray that God will bring you "hungry" people. Then you can be sure that you are doing his work...no matter where you are :) I love you so much Dad! You are so courageous. I did something the other day that reminded me of you. lol. From watching you all my life i have learned not to pass up opportunities but to be the person that will do and say what needs to be. Thank you so much for that...I know who has given me the tools i have today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your prayers Fred, and your GLOWING review of me and MOM's parenting, Court.

    ReplyDelete