Wednesday, April 3, 2013

......NOW WHAT?



MY LIFE'S ENERGY, EXCHANGED FOR MONEY (work)

As some of you know while in Qatar I received a layoff notice for March 28th.  I had made many plans to stay in QATAR.   We prayed and consulted with friends and church leadership for some time.  As it turned out, all the prayers and scenarios said go home!  So I DID!  My flesh wanted to stay and continue growing the relationships and friendships made over the last year and a half!

On my way to home I received and notice rescinding my layoff.  I was told to report to our company in Auburn on Monday. I reported to Auburn and they said I have a new job working in Auburn. I asked what about my contract to work in Qatar. Send me back to Qatar so I can receive same pay and benefits. Seems to me a contract is a contract? They said it is not feasible for them to do that.  They said we have a new job for me at 1/4 of the pay.  Are they breaching the contract? Can they do this? They are playing games!

I would prefer to be laid off so I could collect unemployment at the same rate as in QATAR.  This would also give me time to find a new job.  The time in commuting to Auburn and expenses that will be incurred will make it not beneficial to working there.  Anyways, I have a week off and then I will go to work in Auburn on Monday and see what happens.  There is absolutely nothing to do in Auburn.  When I was there Monday they were all idling, because there are no funds for parts or demand for Stryker repairs.  Again, so what is the point in having me there?

CAN YOU SAY WASTE, FRAUD and ABUSE!  YOUR TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING SQUANDERED!

Yesterday I received a layoff notice for May 31st.??????????? What is the point of this if I am just a employee for General Dynamics and no longer under contract?

HOME

When I got home I had a plugged sewer drain, which required Roto Ruter to unplug drain after I spent 6 hours working on.  Clothes washer quit working, I bought another used one.  Looks like I am finished with repairs for now.

We had a good time at Matan Park on Easter.  There was a lot of people there.  I am guessing 150 people or more, kids everywhere.  Everyone pitched in Tom cooked and Fred did games.  I tried to stay out of the sun, so I did not get burned.  Debbies mother got heat stroke and fell out of her chair and landed face first on the asphalt walk way.  We cared for her until medics got there, then Debbie and her son took her to the hospital to get checked out.  They released her and she is now resting.
THE HUNT

SACK RACE

DEBBIE, and SON TENDING HER MOM


NEVER A DULL MOMENT, are you READY and AVAILABLE to HELP?

THE NEXT CHAPTER

I miss my friends in QATAR already and look forward to the next chapter God is writing in my life.  I pray God will continue to grow their faith and vision for their lives as they follow CHRIST!  I am anticipating my friends from Qatar coming to America and/or my return.

I am not sure what the future will bring, But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14

GOD is GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. Good post...I really enjoyed it, I can feel the tension....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post! I abosolutely love the quote fron Edmund Burke!

    ReplyDelete