Thursday, March 14, 2013

....CHAOS in GOD'S ORDER!

   
    I am amazed how God mixes things up in our lives as he sees fit for our benefit!  He is good!

    I first started writing notes for this Blog post about 1DEC12.

    The first note I have is:  "Pursuit of personal transportation has been successful, but not without a tremendous amount of work, time and frustration. I spent a 2 weeks calling classified ads for cars, this process was cumbersome.  I called on ads: w/language barrier, having F or Z call and interpret or make me appointments, received no answers, made viewing appointments w/no shows, people saying they would call me back w/no call backs, arranging rides to view cars, waiting for Taxi's, missed 2 days of church, missed one small group meeting, trying to get a large US dollar transfer ($2999.99 a week, max.) from America for car, trying to locate open Western Union office during Holiday, trying to find ride to search for Western Union office, ATM withdraws (1400.00 Riyal a day max = $384.732 dollars)."

    Funny thing about the car is that it now has a blown engine and I am in pursuit of a used engine.  I believe Z and F have found me a new engine and repair shop.  They looked for 2 days to find me an engine.  I really appreciated this act of caring for me.  Today (1 Dec 12, 1145 hrs/Lunch) I will go look at engine and if all goes well I will have my car back and running in 2 or 3 days.
MY CAR
FROM L to R ( F, B and Z)


    This place is an adventure! My first experience with a mechanic here was shortly after I got my car.  The alternator needed to be replaced.  Z took me to a wrecking yard and we found one.  The mechanic used and hammer and a chisel to remove and tighten the nut that holds the pulley on the alternator.  This technique of repair has me a little concerned about them replacing my engine.  What am I to do?............ but trust God that I am not just wasting His money.   

    The engine blowing up is a neat story in itself.  Z, F and myself have been meeting together to pray on Thursday nights for months.  I wanted to help them spend time in Gods presence not just hurl request at Him.
 
    It was a Thursday night and I drove to pick them up.  We had recently added a new young man "B"=Bassem) from Egypt to our crew.  I told them I wanted to find a place that was away from the noise a chaos of our surroundings.  So we headed out towards Saudi Arabia to find a spot in the middle of the desert.  Point "a" on map is my house and point "b" is were we parked and "c" is the mound or rock formation we sat on and prayed.  Click on the satellite map to have a more interesting view if not there already.

    When we started the car to leave, the oil light turned on and engine rattled.  I checked oil and determined the oil pump went out.  We prayed and I decided we had to drive it to a main road to get help.  On the way the engine quit.  I  explained to the guys God is in control and He could have made engine be well but that was not the case.  It is His money and He chooses were I spend it (FAITH).
    I got a used engine installed in my car and it is working fine.  They did a good job. 


Emil on left and Bassem.
    WE added another Egyptian to our crew.  A young man Emil ("E"=Emil)(36?).  Also Z's nephew Kawa ("K"=Kawa)(24?) joined us last week.  We may add two more this coming week.  This is a pretty neat group.  We are going to put a proposal together for the church for a men's discipleship home.  There are many needs here just as there is wherever you and I go!  It seems God is orchestrating this and it will be a great opportunity for the church to help these young men grow.

    I have not been able to meet with Kurdish men about charitable organization.  Every time Z attempt to meet with them they are always working.  We will continue this until God shuts the door, then we may look for a window......Hee, Hee!

    Trippy thing about being here is that I have learned to fear my place of work or US Government more than Government of Qatar or living here.

BACK WITH YA,  14MAR13!

    A lot has happened since Dec., I went home or 28 days and enjoyed my time with family and friends.
 
    We added more young men joined our fellowship or action group.  3 Nigerians, 1 Italian and 2 more Syrians.  The issues with this group is we are having a difficult time finding a place large enough for us.

WORK

    I will be getting laid off here and will not have a job to return to in the States.  My last day of work here is 28MAR13.
 
    God is good, he is always guiding and directing.  I have put in some job applications here and I am continue to seek God's direction for my time here.
 
    I have decided to have Kristin come here I believe on 19MAR13.  I have been searching for a house or apartment for us to rent.

OKAY THAT WAS ALL CHAOS!  NOW, FOR HIS ORDER!

    After I returned from vacation in America I presented Hani (Arabic pastor at church) with a plan to run a men's home or discipleship home here.  H really likes the idea and has been caring for the young men himself.  H is a great guy and sees the value in a home for them and is very supportive of me and what God is doing.  I am not sure how many single men are here but I bet it is real close to 8 out of 10 are single.  So you can see the needs are great for accountability and care.
 
THE PLAN?

    We believe God has brought me to Qatar for more than money, experience, new friends and time away from family.  We pray diligently for God to lead and direct our lives and then we get to work doing what he presents us on a day to day basis, RIGHT! 
 
    Well my plan as it was presented to Hani, is this.  I want to help the men here, get jobs, advance careers and mature their FAITH in CHRIST.
    1st    Obtain job so Kristin and I can sustain our life here and care for those around us.
    2nd   Rent 4 or 5 bdrm home (2nd and 3rd step are interchangeable depending on Gods plan)
    3rd    Start new business to support men's home, provide job skills training, opportunity for men to serve in the community and grow faith.
    4th    Start a women's home with the same model.

    I have a business plan that will be presented as God wills, to some local investors.  (pray for the right man or woman?)  PLEASE READ AND PRAY THROUGH THE PLAN.   The plan is in FULL HERE!

GOD'S ORDER!

    THE ORDER IS;  We believe HIM, We lay our life down for HIM and others, We trust HIM and Obey, HE leads and our FAITH grows, simple...... RIGHT?
 
    So, I have decided to test our faith and  have Kristin move like I had mentioned.  I have been looking for a home and I think I have found it.  If it is still available on Monday or Tuesday (18th or 19th), I will rent it.  After work is completed here on the 28th, I will pursue a job with a more fervent effort as I will have a lot of time to do so.
    I am completely content with whatever God wants, as is Kristin.  He knows I need to eat, He knows I need shelter, He knows I am available to care for others, He knows I am faithful  and He knows everything is HIS.

PRAY FOR GOD'S WILL TO BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!  AAAAAAAAAmen!
   



1 comment:

  1. Cool! We will pay for you and Kristin and the discipleship home. Also that you can get work. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete